Several questions after installing ET:L Release Candidate 1
As Irata posted in OB forums the RC1, I finally not only follow this space but installed it. So, few question came to my mind ^^
- I haven’t selected to install OB because I already have it installed. Could the installer in the future let the possibility to detect/manual browse it?
- It does import the key and the needed files, why not profiles? I guess some cvars changed?
- There’s 1360x468 res, the old 16:9 standard, but not 1366x768, the new standard, could it be added?
- I selected French but the language did not change, I guess it isn’t fully implemented yet; May I help?
- Why the custom icon isn’t directly inside the EXE? ^^ Yeah not a big deal but I just wonder why (:
Very nice job! Will give it further tries (:
1) Seems the music volume option doesn’t have any effect, even after a restart it is still as loud as default
2) It doesn’t recognize my numeric pad; Edit 2: It is well recognized only for Fireteam. I mean, when I type a command usually, I use the / from the numeric pad; it does only clear the line, and the 0 behave like Insert key.
3) Could you add "Show FPS meter" under the "Show lagometer" option?
4) Where’s located the profiles? I took a screenshot of a bug, I can’t find where it is saved (Tried Users/MyName/AppData/Local)
- we may detect original OB install by reg entry but it’s not a big deal to set omnibot_path in the mod code. I know you are a special case here.
- profiles are not copied because some cvars are not compatible in values, we have also removed some and added own cvars - this keeps the profile clean.
- please create a ticket for this non supported resolution
- french is not in but I see a potential translator here - see pak3.pk3 (translate.cfg)
- we may add the icon into the binary later on ...
1) worth a ticket to check this
2) same - create a ticket please
3) cg_lagometer and cg_drawfps are in ... should be added to the menus
4) check your documents path for a folder 'ETWolf’ see http://www.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/ET_Legacy_path_structure
Thank you for the quick anwser:)
Made a ticket for 1366x768
1) I checked the cvars after moving the cursor:
seta s_musicvolume "0.208333"
seta s_volume "0.8"
Or the main menu music isn’t considered as a music, or s_volume overrides s_musicvolume, so I’m not sure what to say in the ticket?
2) Will do. It seems like French keyboards doesn’t like English software... Same thingy with GtkRadiant, only base ET and GtkRadiant 1.4.0 recognize it properly, while 1.5.0/1.6.x don’t...
3) Thank you
4) Thank you, here is the bug, I guess will be worth a ticket:
(16/9 seems just a stretched 1024x768, judging by compass etc, no complaint as I use 1024x768 on my laptop for ET but since some mods have widescreen support, I feel ET:L should as well)
This with highest shadow mode; I say that because I guess this is the player shadow, as I have it under me if I’m at terrain level ^^'
1) Looks like s_musicvolume is bugged. Issue is filed.
Feel free to create tickets.
Thanks again, done
I’ll do some more testing later, busy with college commitments >.>