Some information needed to enhance ET:Legacy support in XQF game server browser

Added by illwieckz about 5 years ago

Hi, I’ve released a new version of the XQF game server browser some days ago and I have added the ET:Legacy game. You can read the announcement here or browse the repository here .

I need some informations to enhance the Wolf:ET/ ET:Legacy support. In my server list, I see plenty of Wolf:ET mod and as you know, Wolf:ET use numeric gametype so I must associate by hand gametype number to gametype string for each mod. As you see in the picture, at this time XQF only prints numbers, not the gametype names…

Do you know if all the mods use the same gametype ?
If not, do you know which of them differ and which of them used the sames than Wolf:ET?

Thank you in advance for your answers and thank you for what you do, your project is awesome!

Replies (6)

RE: Some information needed to enhance ET:Legacy support in XQF game server browser - Added by Radegast about 5 years ago

New version announcement after 8 years. Nice

Here you go.

Gametype Name Status
0 Single player unused
1 Cooperative unused
2 Objective standard
3 Stopwatch standard
4 Campaign standard
5 Last Man Standing standard
6 Map Voting de facto standard
7 Team Death Match only a few mods

I am not sure about gametype 7 since I know of only one mod that uses it - Silent mod - for team death match, but you are pretty much safe in using the first six gametypes for all mods (only gt 6 was adopted by the community and the rest are inbuilt).

Thank you for adding support for ET:L!

RE: Some information needed to enhance ET:Legacy support in XQF game server browser - Added by illwieckz about 5 years ago

New version announcement after 8 years. Nice

In fact there was two never announced release 1.0.5.1 and 1.0.5.2, this one 6 years ago, but it’s a bit like…

Here you go.

Ok thanks I will add this stuff !

Thank you of your support for ETL!

I have some idea of enhancement, like distinguish servers, if both Wolf:ET and ET:Legacy are installed, launch ET:Legacy by default or launch Wolf:ET if punkbuster or etpro server since ET:Legacy can’t connect to them. What do you think about it?

RE: Some information needed to enhance ET:Legacy support in XQF game server browser - Added by illwieckz about 5 years ago

The gametype decode works:

I found that tcetest (True Combat: Elite) differs a bit, XQF already know this mod with these values:

Gametype, Name
5,        Demolition
7,        Bodycount

If you hear about another mod that uses different values, remember me.
Do you know if tcetest runs with ET:Legacy, must be launched with Wolf:ET or ET:Legacy?

See my changes 8331e49 , if the server is not a tcetest server, it fallbacks to standard Wolf:ET gametypes.

Hum, I think about that only now, do you know if cqbtest uses the same value than tcetest?

XQF now uses Wolf:ET if both Wolf:ET and ET:Legacy are installed, and the server use punkbuster or serves an etpro mod:

cf. 4b4fe48

XQF now uses “Bodycount” for gametype 7 if mod is cqbtest since ZTM found it’s the only one gametype supported . Since tcetest shares the same value for gametype 7, cqbtest is an alias to tcetest:

cf. 4053486

This screenshot shows that XQF needs a japanese translation.

Two questions remain:

• 1. If you know if tcetest and cqbtest must be run by Wolf:ET instead of ET:Legacy, please tell me.
    Edit: As written in the dedicated topic , ET:Legacy seems to be the only way to run TC:E and TC:CQB with Ubuntu Linux, so XQF will launch tcetest and cqbtest games with ET:Legacy.
  • 2. What means the “^.!.” escape code at the beginning of some server name strings?

[Edit: I answered myself to my first question]

(1-6/6)