Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help!

Added by lklk9110 over 4 years ago

Hi, I’m translating ET:L into Korean these days, but I have faced a problem:
the difference between Maximum Complaints and Maximum Complainee.

Those two really looks the same. How’s the difference? Thanks.

Replies (6)

RE: Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help! - Added by oVe over 4 years ago

I’m not really sure here, but I think the complaints are the number of times someone complain about another player
the complainee must be the complain(ers) so for example, if only one player complain about "ETplayer" will there be 4 complaints and ONE complainee towards "ETplayer"
If more than one person complain on "ETplayer" can he have 6 complaints and 3 complainee...
(but I’m not sure here)

BTW: I did set Swedish as language in my game but it’s just plain English... I can to Swedish translate for legacy

RE: Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help! - Added by Spyhawk over 4 years ago

Hi,

I’m quite happy to see people willing to translate ET:L in their native language, but please note that utf-8 support is currently quite limited, especially for East Asian scripts. I don’t think Korean will currently work due to the huge number of different Hangul blocks. This is a current limitation of the code (limited number of characters allowed at once). Maybe we’ll be able to provide support for Hangul in the near future.

RE: Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help! - Added by lklk9110 over 4 years ago

Thanks to all you guys,

to: oVe
Does it mean that complainee is the person that makes complaints, and if there’s only one complainee who is willing to kick ETPlayer, does he have to complain ETPlayer for 6 times? and if there’s three people who want to kick ETPlayer, each of them can complain only once to kick him? Thanks.

to: Spyhawk
How about FreeType fonts? replace the current font to the other font which supports almost every languages in the world, or separate like: 1) if the current font can support someone’s language, the game will use it like before, 2) if the current font cannot support someone’s language like me, the game will use an alternative font instead.

p.s. and I couldn’t find some strings like help text which appears when I get the mouse point over some options. where can I translate them? at the source code?

RE: Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help! - Added by oVe over 4 years ago

I’m not sure but I think so...

RE: Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help! - Added by Spyhawk over 4 years ago

lklk9110 wrote:

to: Spyhawk
How about FreeType fonts? replace the current font to the other font which supports almost every languages in the world, or separate like: 1) if the current font can support someone’s language, the game will use it like before, 2) if the current font cannot support someone’s language like me, the game will use an alternative font instead.

Unfortunately, this issue is more complex than a simple font change. Actually, fonts have to be cached (using an intermediary texture) for performance issues. Radegast might explain the situation better than me here.

RE: Maximum Complaints vs Maximum Complainee, help! - Added by Radegast over 4 years ago

There isn’t much more to say than what Spyhawk said. We won’t be able to add Korean Hangul support until we have a proper font caching mechanism. Just for fun I tried increasing the glyph limit and adding a Korean font:

I used Google Translate for the translation, so it probably doesn’t make sense to a native speaker

As you can see and contrary to what I said, it will be possible to add Asian font support one day, but with our current implementation it would take almost half a minute just to load the main menu and there would be huge lags during gameplay.

lklk9110 wrote:

p.s. and I couldn’t find some strings like help text which appears when I get the mouse point over some options. where can I translate them? at the source code?

See bug report #244

(1-6/6)