Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ...

Added by IR4T4 over 6 years ago

Since RC1 we have a real benefit of the mod code and with RC2 we are reaching the point to think more about additional mod features.

Personally I don’t want to add new weapons or skills (except throwing knives and the adding the footkick optionally) to keep the game balanced and let the mod stay slim.

A user & XP management should be done with Lua. Same for custom commands and additional gimmicks like HP left view etc.

Forcing client cvars? ... double jump? (bleehh) ... constructible XP sharing? ... gametype map voting? ...

... well these are just some thoughts - discussion is appreciated!

Replies (92)

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by chriswww almost 4 years ago

Didnt even remember that it was that sort of salute. a standard salute would have been fun.

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by yfcz almost 4 years ago

IDEA: set as default class Engineer instead of Soldier ⇒ no more newbies playing as Soldier with SMG.

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by Spyhawk almost 4 years ago

yfcz wrote:

IDEA: set as default class Engineer instead of Soldier ⇒ no more newbies playing as Soldier with SMG.

.. or make the Soldier with SMG more useful. This has always been in the back of my mind
Edit: see #865

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by zem666 over 3 years ago

I dream about 3 changes-

1. ET must have Anti-Cheat (good anti-cheat)- with raport like cs. Players can report other player.
2. Change standard cfg game (Graphics) becouse when new player on game first time and see Graphics say: WTF after he off game.
(old players know what they must doing, change cfg etc.)
3. Server with OBJ. Like CS now, when i join to server we wait to 6 player alli, 6 players axis and we play normal mix war with Communicator.

Point 3 is my big dream, normal mix war. I join on server and i  don’t must do more just play mix war with OBJ with normal time.

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by yfcz over 3 years ago

zem666 wrote:

3. Server with OBJ. Like CS now, when i join to server we wait to 6 player alli, 6 players axis and we play normal mix war with Communicator.

Please, could you explain more this idea?

Do you mean some kind of match making system where created teams are put into battles hosted on „different“ servers automatically?

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by zem666 over 3 years ago

zem666 wrote:

zem666 wrote:

2 option

First i Press search a war and I automatically added to the free server, we wait for have full axis(6on6) full allies and we start play normal war(is it possible?, et is old game)
Second option, i search server who have slot a join and we wait for have full axis(6on6) full allies and we start play normal war.

Normaly (now) player join the server and and they play without purpose ,
They do not know the rivalry. And they spend time shooting aimlessly. New Player think this is all, this is all game.

Dream is create point .

1. Team 6on6 play first map
2. Second map

Axis 4:0 Allies
Axis win!

if if a draw -players vote
and play 3 finaly map.

Normal war like from irc on server.

Now in Couter Strike you can join to server (but brain server added players like the same skill to one team ) and you play normal war.

Sorry for my english is not good.

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by yfcz over 3 years ago

IDEA: show profile name and nickname across menus.

When you launch the game you really don’t know what profile is active until you enter PROFILE menu.
(extra: when you click on your displayed profile name it will open PROFILE menu)

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by Spyhawk over 3 years ago

yfcz wrote:

IDEA: show profile name and nickname across menus.

When you launch the game you really don’t know what profile is active until you enter PROFILE menu.
(extra: when you click on your displayed profile name it will open PROFILE menu)

I like that. It’s the way it’s done in ETQW for example. However, the UI system in ET is a pain to improve and none of the devs like to work on it. If we ever reimplement it in Lua, that’s something I’d absolutely want to have!

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by thunder almost 3 years ago

is it possible for any coder to make a repo with what needed to make a mod to etlegacy? with project file and everything like ETpub once did?

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by RaFaL almost 3 years ago

thunder we could do it but why do it again if we have something called cmake to generate projects ?
Its easy to use

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by thunder almost 3 years ago

RaFaL wrote:

thunder we could do it but why do it again if we have something called cmake to generate projects ?
Its easy to use

yea but I am a novice on this stuff, just in the learning of things..
Its just so I make a mod that is truly compatible with ETlegacy...

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by RaFaL almost 3 years ago

Guys is any of you have thought about adding VR to our game ?

PS: Someone has added VR to quake2

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by muessli almost 3 years ago

Hi all,

i dont want to be a Spoilsport; but i am dreaming about a new ET:L-Version every 6 months.
This will keep attention high!
After my final Change playing ET:L from Window to Linux i wish an Debian-Package.
Also, it would be great to update all the Omni-Bot-Stuff via InGameMenu.

mfg muessli

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by Dragonji almost 3 years ago

VR? I hope you’re joking . Total waste of time. But... if you have too much free time, why not, make it possible

Dragonji wrote:

VR? I hope you’re joking . Total waste of time. But... if you have too much free time, why not, make it possible

Thx Dragonji I have been waiting for this answer
Yes I have will implement it from quake2 port of it

RE: Where to? ... requests, ideas and all about mod features ... - Added by IR4T4 over 1 year ago

Nomack wrote:

Unlock CG_GUN X,y,z please

We have already changed these cvars and they are unlocked for the upcomming release of the legacy mod.

1 2 3 4 (76-92/92)