Android Finally in Dev?

Added by Chr0n0Tr1gg3r over 3 years ago

So upon updating to 2.74 I noticed a nifty little Android download section, are my dreams finally coming true? Will I finally be able to frag the omni’s on a portable device choosing between every custom map that has ever been made for WolfET?

In all seriousness are you guys planning on bringing WolfET or better yet Legacy to android and if so will this include Online play or Offline with the Omni-bots? Would you also be developing your own sense of touch controls or would you get an outside source such as Beloko Games to get the touch features working for you? (They Did RTCW Touch)

Thanks in advance for the info, been a long time Legacy user and one day I do hope to be able to play one of my favorite online shooters on the go!

Replies (16)

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Dragonji over 3 years ago

As far as I know there’s no Android port currently in development simply because of lack of manpower.

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Spyhawk over 3 years ago

Yes, there is no android port in work.

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Chr0n0Tr1gg3r over 3 years ago

Maybe you guys don’t have plans to port it however any chance of teaming up with Beloko games to work on it or even this guy who has very recently got to porting it over, teaming with one or both of these people would likely hold good results!

Ben’s Current Progress on the Port: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/69396-wolf-et-androidios-port/

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by IR4T4 over 3 years ago

Ben should knock on our doors (IRC or gitter). We would love to see more ports which are maintained and since SDL 2.03 an android ETL port is no longer out of sight.

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by BenShannon over 3 years ago

Hey guys, Its me Ben, If you would like to get in contact with me please use Skype

Unique id = Noobman200 (Yes i know its Ironic, and no i dont know why ive kept it)

Hopefully we can bring more life into this lil project

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Chr0n0Tr1gg3r about 3 years ago

It’s been a good 4 months since Ben posted, is this actually being worked on?

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Spyhawk about 3 years ago

No. Not sure what the status of Ben, but we surely don’t have time to chase him across the Internet.

In any case, if you want to see this happening, simply make it happen.

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Link_of_Hyrule about 3 years ago

Counter Strike finally made it to Android would be amazing to see Wolf ET make it to Android TV with controller support!

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by RaFaL about 3 years ago

Started to playing with SDL2 on andoroid and etl from what I seen some things has to be tweaked up

Is anyone actually working on porting Wolf ET to Android any more though?

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by keMoN about 3 years ago

Like stated by Spyhawk above, this is not being worked on directly by us, since we do not have the resources.
You could try contacting BenShannon and see if he is still actively working on this project, but unfortunately we do not have the time to follow up on this right now as we have other priorities.
I apologize for the bad news, but you are more than welcome to join the project and try to help the creation of this port.

I will just tease you

tease.png (67.9 KB)

Tease

I can haz cheeze burger?

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by Aventador96 about 3 years ago

There are many ports of Games which run on Quake 3 engine. The most interesting is a port of RTCW by the name of RTCW4A which comes with the source code. Maybe some could start with this.

Source: http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/apps/6080-rtcq4a-lands-on-android-for-all-you-return-to-castle-wolfenstein-fans

There is another solution by using SDL which runs on android too

RE: Android Finally in Dev? - Added by RaFaL almost 3 years ago

I will just update topic no further info....

(1-16/16)