etconfig / autoexec

Added by nerdle over 1 year ago

Played ET for a long time and then life got in the way so stopped.
Now that life has sorted itself out thought I would give this game a go again.

Found the legacy (mod)? the other night and sure is good.

Is there an etconfig / autoexec to set all the binds and stuff or is that all done from the in-game menus?

Replies (6)

RE: etconfig / autoexec - Added by IR4T4 over 1 year ago

Nothing has been changed related to configs compared to vanilla ET except the file locations. On windows check your documents path see https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/Path_and_File_Structure

RE: etconfig / autoexec - Added by nerdle over 1 year ago

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have found all the config files.

I guess what I really should have asked was, which config file can I write to that will get loaded on startup?

You shouldn’t manually edit the etconig.cfg but this is the basic setup file. Binds or cvar changes you are entering into console are stored in etconfig.cfg. Each mod has got its own config.

There are several options for additional configs, one is described here: http://etconfig.net/configs/autoexec-cfg/

Also valid in legacy mod (this is mod related) autoexec_default.cfg when there is no autoexec_<rawmapname>.cfg or
autoexec_<team_no>.cfg and autoexec_<class_no>.cfg which are executed on respawn.

Sorry about this. I think I am asking the wrong question.

I want to set up a .cfg file for the new legacy mod.
Can I edit what is there?
If not can I add an autoexec.cfg file to the legacy folders?
Does it sit in the legacy install folders or the original enemy territory folders?

When you are talking about binds and autoexec cfg you are on client side ...

Server config files are in etmain of your install (fs_basepath):

legacy.cfg (mod configuration) and etl_server.cfg (engine configuration).

The question is now: Do you want to start a listen- or dedicated server? For dedicated start etlded with start param "+exec etl_server,cfg" for listen servers just open the console and type 'exec legacy.cfg’ to use the settings defined in that file.

Basically you can use any Enemy Territory server setup tutorial for additional info. But don’t use b_ cvars they are pro mod only and the vanilla server.cfg file has been renamed to etl_server.cfg in ET: Legacy.

Thanks once again for your reply.

I think I have it sussed now.
I renamed the config in the Legacy/etmain folder (the one where it says at the top "use this one as your own cfg") to autoexec.cfg
Have thrown a few binds in there that I used back in the ET days and all seems to be working.

Will have a read about what is allowed and what is not.

Once again thanks for your replys.

(1-6/6)