need a mapping setup for ET:Legacy

Added by thunder over 1 year ago

This truly needs a tutorial.. also how to get gtkradiant to devmap with ETL.exe after compiling..

Replies (6)

RE: need a mapping setup for ET:Legacy - Added by keMoN over 1 year ago

On what part exactly do you think a tutorial could be helpful? Basically ET: Legacy acts more or less identical in terms of testing maps. Simply put the necessary files in a pk3 and /devmap as usual.
For the mapping process inside Radiant (GTK or Net doesn’t matter) it is unimportant whether you set the path to a W:ET or an ET:L directory. For example I have my NetRadiant hooked up with a normal 2.60b directory which is filled up with custom crap. For testing I have a clean ET:L installation in which there is only my map pk3 which I always update and then /devmap to test the map.

Maybe this wiki entry will help clear things up a bit. https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/Path_and_File_Structure

//EDIT:
Actually I’m not even sure that it is possible to link Radiant with your ET:L installation as the Radiant searches for ET.exe which is not present in the etl directory. But like I said before there is absolutely no harm in having the Radiant linked with 2.60b.

RE: need a mapping setup for ET:Legacy - Added by thunder over 1 year ago

what if I renamed the etl.exe... I will test for fun..

RE: need a mapping setup for ET:Legacy - Added by IR4T4 over 1 year ago

I’ve had a short look into the GTKRadiant source and in fact it is searching for ET.exe. But I don’t know if there are any side effects because genuine windows installs are not cut into fs_homepath & fs_basepath

GTKRadiant source:

case GAME_ET: {
#ifdef _WIN32
        fprintf( fg, "  "ENGINE_ATTRIBUTE "=\"ET.exe\"\n");
#elif __linux__
        fprintf( fg, "  "ENGINE_ATTRIBUTE "=\"et\"\n" );
#endif
        fprintf( fg, "  prefix=\".etwolf\"\n" );
        fprintf( fg, "  basegame=\"etmain\"\n" );
        // Hardcoded fix for "missing" shaderlist in gamepack
        Str dest = m_strEngine.GetBuffer();
        dest += "/etmain/scripts/shaderlist.txt";
        if( CheckFile( dest.GetBuffer() ) != PATH_FILE ) {
            Str source = gameInstallPath.GetBuffer();
            source += "etmain/scripts/default_shaderlist.txt";
            radCopyFile( source.GetBuffer(), dest.GetBuffer() );
        }

Currently I don’t know what this prefix is used for (which seems linux fs_homepath only). The basegame should be fine to load pak files.

Thunder, give it a try and rename your ETL.exe to ET.exe in your ET:L install and try to load it with GTKRadiant. You are heavily invited to add some notes about a positive result to https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/Mapping_and_Textures

We should ask the GTKRadiant team to add ET:L as own game by time. In case we are getting the r2 stuff done it’s probably a must have for us.

well, I think it works IR4T4, I think the problem is that when you should have 2 different legacy’s. One for playing and one for mapping.. It doesnt work
same message as the texture problem..

But I got another Idea I am gonna test, I’ll keep you posted

thunder wrote:

But I got another Idea I am gonna test, I’ll keep you posted

EDIT:Didnt work...
I tried to make a project called mapping in ETL but it still loads all map textures in normal etmain instead of the project..

and when I try to compile and devmap thru gtk radiant it still fucks up...

(1-6/6)