Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy...

Added by Raner almost 4 years ago

Hello... Before I begin let me just say you all have done a great job on legacy...
and one more thing I know I’m being a pain in the ass with all this questions but I’m trying to get
all the files in there proper folders and get the server cfg done so I will have everything ready to install in the server
and redirect ...
I’m going to change my server to E.T Legacy!
But before I do I need a some information I can not find anywhere...
Getting the server going is no big deal but installing the eye candy is...
I got the legacy mod working on the server on the 2.60b version of E.T.
The server I have will let me install multiple mods...
It’s working fine but it was just a test on my end. It’s not perfect being legacy mod was not designed to run with 2.60b...
I saw that someone posted mouse freezing on start up and files hanging when downloading on (Legacy 2.7.4) no problems here...
I do have some questions so if you all can help me out it will make my life a lot easier...
Looks like the sound pk3 and the covert ops girl pk3 I made are working fine...
I found the lua’s for dynamite timer and xp save... Are they working properly?
I need to know how I can add banners... Looks like you don’t use shurrbot in legacy...
How to execute console commands for example Silent uses ( ! ) list, setlevel, !givexp, and so on ( total of 98 admin console commands )... How many does legacy have and how do I execute them...
I looked in List of Cvars and List of Commands and did not see anything on the subject...
I can use rcon but it’s a pain if you know what mean... It’s a lot easier and faster using the game console...
I may have some more questions but this will do for now... Thanks...

Replies (8)

RE: Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy... - Added by RaFaL almost 4 years ago

At this moment legacy doesn’t have admin system implemented yet so no (!commands) but meaby in the nearest future
We have our own versions of those lua’s in different repository that are working fine because we moved from Lua 5.1 to 5.3 and there might be slight difference between those lua’s
The only way you can add banners on your servers is by doing "writing a lua file that do that" we just wanted to keep this mod as simple as possible
The only commands legacy mod has is by /ref

PS: Our entire collection of lua’s
https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy-lua_scripts

RE: Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy... - Added by Raner almost 4 years ago

Thanks RaFaL...
Man it’s tough to run a server without admin commands...
So If legacy does not have admin system implemented rcon will not work either...
Well RaFaL I guess I’ll hold up a bit till the commands are installed and maybe shurrbot or someone comes up with a banner lua...
Maybe this two items can be addressed in the next version of Legacy... Just a thought...

RE: Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy... - Added by Spyhawk almost 4 years ago

You can use any existing administration, such as Zelly’s Lua Enhanced Server Module (LESM).

RE: Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy... - Added by Raner almost 4 years ago

Thanks Spyhawk...
I found and downloaded Zelly’s Lua Enhanced Server Module (LESM)...
Now all I have to do is figure out where to install it and how to operate it... LOL...

I’m working on Zelly’s Lua Enhanced Server Module (LESM)
... Install instructions from Zelly ...
The Files/Folders you need are: LuaESMod.lua and the entire LESM folder.
Upload those to your server’s mod directory.
Next you will need to go into your server config edit your lua_modules cvar to include LuaESMod.lua
Will look something like set lua_modules "LuaESMod.lua" or set lua_modules "LuaESMod.lua test.lua testlua2.lua"
... Added by Raner ...
I’m good up to here....
Need to know what Legacy uses as a "server side fs_homepath"... (windows dedicated game server)
Found the path for client side but not server side...
... Continue Install instructions from Zelly ...
Note: If your server uses a seperate fs_homepath you will need to manually create the following directories:
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/save/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/extra/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/logs/

Also you will need to make sure Commands.json is in /fs_homepath/mod/LESM/save/Commands.json Basic rule of thumb is you keep only the .lua files in /fs_basepath/fs_game/ and everything else can go into /fs_homepath/fs_game/
Thanks...

RE: Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy... - Added by Zelly almost 4 years ago

Just type fs_homepath in your server console (or rcon) to find your fs_homepath. Usually on windows same as your fs_basepath though so you won’t have to do anything special.

If you need more help I am on the etlegacy irc. I don’t check forums quite as often. Or I can get email updates if you PM me on mygamingtalk.

Thanks for th help Zelly I will contact you if I get stuck...

RE: Can't see to find information on a few items on E.T Legacy... - Added by RaFaL almost 4 years ago

fs_homepath is place where you have all your files downloaded from other servers
For Win its in Documents/ETLegacy
For Linux its /home/user/.etlegacy

(1-8/8)