Fail to connect to silent servers on macos Mojave

Added by bubib 26 days ago

I can connect to the ETL servers just fine but theyre very quiet. beginners #2 is the only silent one ive tried, and i tried it because i saw somewhere that up-to-date silent servers should run fine on mac.
it loads, but then instead of showing the match, it shows what looks like a black screen with a bunch of compression artefacts (i know theyre not that, its just what it looks like i guess) then quits the app.
i get that macos probably isnt the highest priority especially given how its a substantially smaller playerbase and apple like to make as many apps useless as they can with each update, so im wondering if theres an easy fix of if i’d be better just putting a bootcamp partition back on my device.
thanks

Replies (2)

RE: Fail to connect to silent servers on macos Mojave - Added by keMoN 26 days ago

There is nothing we can do. The silent mod team needs to publish macOS binaries themselves.

RE: Fail to connect to silent servers on macos Mojave - Added by Spyhawk 26 days ago

Some users reported being able to play without issue, but we’re not sure why this works in some cases and not in others. I personally suspect OSX 10.14 Mojave to be problematic.
I’d recommend using bootcamp, as at this time, we’re not even sure to be able to provide binaries for the next OSX 10.15 version.

(1-2/2)