Need help on custom sound pk3 getting console error message...

Added by Raner about 4 years ago

Hello... Question on E.T. Legacy (Client Side)
I’m running a custom sound pk3 on my Silent 8.2 server...
It’s working just fine... No problems at all...
I made a copy of the working sound pk3, changed some wav files made the proper changes to the...
wm_allies_chat.voice
wm_axis_chat.voice
wm_quickmessageAlt.menu
and the folder that has the wav files...
It is the exact same pk3 except for the wav file change ...
Removed the original and uploaded the new sound pk3 on to the game server and redirect server...
It loads everything seems to be fine but the problem I having it will NOT execute on allies but works fine on axis...
I’m getting this error message on the game console... (IN RED TEXT)
"expected gender not found in voice chat file: scripts/ wm_allies_chat.voice"
I’ve made enough pk3’s to know everything in the pk3 is correct...
There is no reason to be getting this message that I know off...
The (male text is on the top of wm_allies_chat.voice) exactly the same as it is on the wm_axis_chat.voice...
The axis works fine and nothing on the allies...
Driving me up the wall ...LOL...
Has anybody run in to this on Legacy 2.74 ...Thanks

Replies (7)

RE: Need help on custom sound pk3 getting console error message... - Added by RaFaL about 4 years ago

Check for missing comas or you forgot to add something

RE: Need help on custom sound pk3 getting console error message... - Added by Raner about 4 years ago

Hello RaFaL..
Well being that the axis side of the pk3 is working as it should... No problems at all...
Tells me that the wm_quickmessageAlt.menu and wm_axis_chat.voice are files are working as they should...
The wav files are fine...
The problem is coming from wm_allies_chat.voice file...
This is what I just tried to fix any errors I might have missed...
I opened up the pk3 with the problem and the working pk3 with WinRAR...
I deleted the wm_allies_chat.voice from the pk3 with the problem and replaced with the wm_allies_chat.voice from the
working pk3...
Then I coped the section I had edited from the wm_axis_chat.voice and pasted it to the wm_allies_chat.voice...
Renamed the pk3 tried it and guess what I get the same error message as before:
"expected gender not found in voice chat file: scripts/wm_allies_chat.voice"
I see no reason for the error if I am using the working wm_allies_chat.voice file and using the section I edited from the working
wm_axis_chat.voice file... Weird Ha !!!

RE: Need help on custom sound pk3 getting console error message... - Added by RaFaL about 4 years ago

Ranger could you attach your pk3 here so I could check this out ?

RE: Need help on custom sound pk3 getting console error message... - Added by Raner about 4 years ago

RaFaL...Thanks for taking the time to help me out...
Here is pk3

raner_sounds.pk3 (19.8 MB)

Hey RaFaL...
I thought I found the problem...
I decided to try the sound pk3 on my game... I went to host game and it did not open said could not load essential file...
So I deleted and reinstalled legacy client side and the host game worked... I loaded up the sound pk3 to legacy hosted the game
and the sound pk3 worked fine no problems at all...
So I loaded it on server silent mod and I got the the same error again...
I think I got a corrupt silent 8.2 pk3 or dill or something ... I’ll put in a fresh silent 8.2 dill and see what happens...
Unless you come up with something that I missed...

Hmmm Raner I have no trouble at using it because there is no errors for me

Yep... I figured it had to work... i could not see any mistakes in it...
As I mentioned on the post above I put it in legacy hosted the game on my pc and it worked fine...
The only thing that can be causing the problem is a corrupt file in Silent...
But what is getting my goat is that the other sound pk3 works just fine... and this one is the same sound pack except
for some of the music wav files that I changed...
Well thanks for all your time and I’ll keep messing with it... Now it’s come to the will of the sound pk3 and my will...
And I can be hard headed as hell... LOL
If or when i fix it... I’ll post it here... I’ll bet you it’s going to take some thinking way out of the box...

(1-7/7)