Possible Bug - ALT-TAB under Win7 let´s 2.75 "die" and no more connection possible

Added by LL-Aga about 3 years ago

Hi,

V2.75 installed - works smooth and fine.
I use ALT-TAB under Win7 to switch to e.g. Teamspeak or other applications - no problem with V2.74.

Now 2.75 it was ok - but ET-L disappears completely and I must restart.
After restart and rejoin of our server it starts over - but then ET-L disappear completly again without any "comment"

Reinstall of V2.75 solves the problem - but once again ALT-TAB show the same problem.

Maybe it is known? I must forget to use ALT-TAB (my other gamers cannot reproduce this under Win10).

Laptop HP with CoreI3 and onboard graphics. 4Gb Ram.

LL-Aga

Replies (4)

RE: Possible Bug - ALT-TAB under Win7 let´s 2.75 "die" and no more connection possible - Added by IR4T4 about 3 years ago

Did you start different mods? ... maybe we have an issue with the 'toggleconsole’ binding in config files. Mods 'share’ configs see #754

Please create a copy of your config (see Dokuments ETL path → profiles → used profile →etconfig.cfg) when it’s working. Compare this file (use WinDiff) against the non working version.

RE: Possible Bug - ALT-TAB under Win7 let´s 2.75 "die" and no more connection possible - Added by LL-Aga almost 3 years ago

Well for sure - I played once NitMod or ETPub - but really seldom.

1. I deleted my cfg file
2. Tried to create a new one - "failed" - but it was created. I must restart ET-L
3. Joined another MOD game - works - but ALT+TAB makes a "silent" dead of ET-L

I fall back to V2.74 + download of the needed files to join 2.75 server works smooth. That is my workaround - as I did not find any solution - everytime ALT-TAB closes ET-L completely without any info

RE: Possible Bug - ALT-TAB under Win7 let´s 2.75 "die" and no more connection possible - Added by LL-Aga almost 3 years ago

Well - I did some more "tests":

1. I tried to switch from "Vanilla" to "ET-Graphic" - kills ET-L immediately
Ok seems not the best choice.

2. Set the View in system to "Fullscreen" to "Windowed" - well I can´t see any "Windowed" window - But now ALT-TAB is working - I can use the mouse to go on my second screen to e.g. Teamspeak to change something.
But I cannot access any Icons or desktop on the first screen - ALT Enter do nothing - or try to "minimize" the "windowed" ET-L

3. Set the View to "Windowed Fullscreen" - seems to work too

4. Switch now to "Fullscreen" - try to enter our Game → start to load and crasehed again completey without any info why.

That may not a challenge of the CFG area - but some challenges with the graphic area?

—-#

No challenges if I installed V2.74 and enter our 2.75 Server (where only some DLLs are downloaded - after that I can ALT-TAB as it should)

Greetings Aga (LL)

Found another "Workaround": If I use an autoexec.cfg with certain settings for the "windowed" ET-L - it do not occur anymore, that it close as reported. Now I can play again with 2.75 without any crash. LL-Aga
(https://silver-gamer.jimdo.com/ - looking for grey hair gamer ... )

(1-4/4)