give players a slight glow
On some maps players are hard to make out against certain backgrounds. Prime example are Allied players on Supply Depot standing in front of the cliff.
Giving players a slight glow would help in spotting and identifying players.
Example from Dirtybomb
Spectators only or do you want to see this all the time?!?
They wanted to have this for everyone. Not as intense as the !glow cmd in NQ, but rather like the example screenshot from Dirtybomb. I guess somewhere aroung 5% of NQ glow.^^
In ET players already have some special light - see RF_MINLIGHT. It’s probably more an issue of used textures.
- Project changed from 11 to ET: Legacy Development
- Category set to Mod CGAME
- Target version changed from 21 to 2.77
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version changed from 2.77 to 2.78
- Target version changed from 2.78 to 2.77
That could be interesting for competition - let’s evaluate this for 2.77 again.
Just a history note: unlock r_ambientScale (no need for range checks) which allows to scale light grid.
Also available in: Atom