Bug #1270

ET Legacy crashes everytime its minimised

Added by Patronza 5 months ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:New% Done:

0%

Priority:NormalSpent time:-
Assignee:-
Category:Client
Target version:2.78
OS:Windows Arch:

Description

Hi folks,

I’ve been enjoying ET Legacy heaps. Unfortunately every time I use ALT + TAB, or WIN + D, Legacy crashes completely once the desktop appears.

Running: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, ET Legacy 2.76.

Hope you guys can fix it sometime. Cheers!

20190501_122931_1.mp4 - Video capture of crash (17.2 MB) Patronza, 01.05.2019 04:36


Related issues

Related to ET: Legacy Development - Bug #986: Alt-Tab crash Fixed 01.02.2017

History

#1 Updated by keMoN 5 months ago

  • Related to Bug #986: Alt-Tab crash added

#2 Updated by keMoN 5 months ago

  • Category changed from General to Client
  • Priority changed from Low to Normal
  • Target version set to 2.78

Do you have a crashlog for us so we can investigate what the issue might be?

To get one start your game with "/logfile 2" and then reproduce the steps leading to your crash.
You should now find a crashlog in your homepath

#3 Updated by Patronza 5 months ago

keMoN wrote:

Do you have a crashlog for us so we can investigate what the issue might be?

To get one start your game with "/logfile 2" and then reproduce the steps leading to your crash.
You should now find a crashlog in your homepath

Sorry, but I do not know what "/logfile 2" is? I tried using the console and entering that as a command, but nothing happened, and there is nothing that looks like a log in the main ET Legacy directory.
There is a file called logs.lua located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enemy Territory - Legacy\legacy\luascripts\wolfadmin\util

Cheers,
Patrick

#4 Updated by keMoN 5 months ago

It is indeed a console cmd.

1. Open console [SHIFT]+[ESC]
2. Enter "/logifle 2"
3. Confirm it worked and initiate log with "/logfile" (it should return that it is currently 2 and that it started a logfile
4. Reproduce your steps
5. Find the crashlog.txt in fs_homepath

#5 Updated by Patronza 5 months ago

Ah rightio, legacy has a different console. I just used the "~" console. I’ll do that tomorrow when I’m back on my computer. I looked in the wiki about logs, but there wasn’t any wiki topic there that I could see.

Cheers,
Patrick

#6 Updated by Patronza 5 months ago

I tried your steps, but no longfile is produced anywhere I can find. I’ve even got windows to search all of C:/program files x86 for crashlog.txt.

So here I will upload a video of my steps... Just to show you I’ve generated a crashlog I use the filelog 2 command. Normally it confirms the command but then will say straight away that command not recognised (which it didn’t this time).

#7 Updated by Patronza 5 months ago

The weird thing is that when I used OBS Studio to try and screen capture, Legacy did not crash and minimised normally.

#8 Updated by ryven 5 months ago

Depending on which mod you are using, you will find the log file and/or crashlog in Documents/ETLegacy/legacy path (where legacy can be the name of the other mod that is crashing while you are playing ).

#9 Updated by Patronza 5 months ago

ryven wrote:

Depending on which mod you are using, you will find the log file and/or crashlog in Documents/ETLegacy/legacy path (where legacy can be the name of the other mod that is crashing while you are playing ).

Ive looked EVERYWHERE for this log file, I even did a full search of C drive (I only have 1 HDD). I can only conclude that ET:L is not creating a log file. As I have previously mentioned some of the time the console will confirm a log was created, then follow immediately with a command not recognised error.

#10 Updated by Patronza 5 months ago

Patronza wrote:

ryven wrote:

Depending on which mod you are using, you will find the log file and/or crashlog in Documents/ETLegacy/legacy path (where legacy can be the name of the other mod that is crashing while you are playing ).

Ive looked EVERYWHERE for this log file, I even did a full search of C drive (I only have 1 HDD). I can only conclude that ET:L is not creating a log file. As I have previously mentioned some of the time the console will confirm a log was created, then follow immediately with a command not recognised error.

I found a log within the file called "etconsole.txt". it states the following. (I alt + tab after getting the logfile is 2 confirmation):

logfile opened on Thu May 2 12:32:21 2019

]/logfile 2
]/logfile
"logfile" is: "2^7" default:"0^7"
—– CL_Shutdown —–
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
SDL input devices shut down.
———————–
PID file removed.
Network shutdown.

Also note that I am not using any mods. just base legacy. I start the game and do alt +tab or Win +D, and can replicate issue 100% of the time at any point, whether playing a hosted game or joined game, or just in the main menu

Also available in: Atom PDF