Replace current weapon icons for cg_simpleItems
|Status:||In Progress||% Done:|
We are currently using the weapon icons from the HUD for cg_simpleItems 1
Especially, weapons are horribly stretched in this use case so a new set of icons should be created which can be properly used in the HUD and for that cvar.
cgame: fixed simple items coloration for ammo pack and opposite team weapons, refs #1290
Should be, yes. That’s a good suggestion.We should however decide what to do with the non-relevant icons too:
- display them as 3D models (as usual)
- display all items as simplified icons, but use a dimmer icon (for example).
- don’t display them at all?
Second option might be preferable for players, would be more consistent (imho) and would also be a bit simpler to implement than first option.
The stretch issue itself is hard to solve without deeper change in the code. We should probably add a new set of icons for use as simpleitem only. Keep the current icons for HUD only (since they are ok and well known), and use weapon files to define a new "simpleItem" icon.
check simple item color (ammo pack and opposite team weapons).(done) keep icons really simple and recognizable, while still somewhat similar to existing icons(done) - feel free to improve! use round icons for ammo/health (redish/yellowish color?), use another shape for weapons on ground (square, ..).(done) add cg_simpleItems in UI(done)
- Status changed from Fixed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
- The color are a bit too neonish (indeed they’re copy pasted from Warsow) and need to be adjusted.
- Keep green for the obj color, and use another for health (maybe purple)
- use white icons for health, ammo and obj and color them in the code (like items for weapons). This will give more flexibility if we need to adjust them.
- objective icons should be able to be differentiated for each team (f.e. for baserace). See if adding a team flag over it, or using a different color would help.