Add shoutcaster role
can see player names floating above them (in spec and following mode), always!(done) can see revive icons(done) can see disguised covops(done) can see landmines (glowing red)(done) can see dynamite counter(done) can see tank and truck health(done) can see objective indicator, always!(done) can see compass/minimap even in free fly mode(done) can see all position on command map(done) can see respawn time of both team (see custom ETTV client screenshot)(done)
- can see dynamite/landmine owner
can see scoring time of SW previous round (see custom ETTV client screenshot)(not needed)
- can see throw wall to some extend (see CS-Go)
- can see banner prints that print objective information showing what objective has been done in what time and for the next round it also prints if that was slower or faster. For example: in the next round allies team captures the forward flag, and it prints "allies has captured the flag in 1:56 (faster on 30s than in previous round)" or something like that. See games doing speedrun competition.
This is related to ETTV, which might never be implemented (due to prevalence of twitch nowadays), but this feature is still useful for stream.In addition:
shoutcaster shoudn’t be able to join the game (unlike spec)(done) can’t be kicked (unlike spec). See g_inactivity / g_spectatorinactivity too(done) add ref menu to designate someone as shoutcaster(done) add a rcon-like password system to let shoutcaster connect directly(done) more than a single shoutcaster could be added(done) add a label in scoreboard too(done) add label in spec view (instead of "spectator")(done) grey out team flags in limbo menu(done, using existing code with ugly red colour) add a new icon for shoutcaster (instead of the spectator’s eye) in limbo menu and map(done)
game: fixed missing parameters in read session data, refs #1292
#5 Updated by Spyhawk about 1 month ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version changed from 2.78 to 2.77
Evaluate this for 2.77.It shouldn’t be too hard to implement (everything is in the code already), but we should be cautious on how we implement the SC role:
- add a new team (blue, red, spec, shoutcaster): beware of how conditions across the game are handled (ie, not BLUE nor RED = spec team)
- use spec team but add some sort of "referee" flag: only check for the flag when code would diverge from the regular spec team (I’d favour this implementation).
- check SC assignment from referee menu. There seem to be an issue when players have the same nickname (check slot number rather than partial name match?)