Mac OS: Crashes when trying to connect to silent Servers
First of all, THANK YOU so much for bringing this gorgeous game back to (more) life. I just downloaded it today and am truly happy to be back.
I’ve been playing on a server that runs the Legacy mod today, without any problems. But as the silent-servers do have a lot more players I wanted to connect to some of those. At every instance the same thing happened: I connected to the server to the point that all maps etc. were downloaded. Just before the game would usually start (that is, just before I would be ingame and ready to go) ET:L crashes altogether and I’m back on my Mac home screen.
I installed "Mac OS X 32-bit installer (size 47.972 MB)" and added pk0, pk1, pk2 from ET:W which I downloaded directly from splash damage (as suggested in the installation guide). As I said, everything in Legacy Mod works fine, it’s just that I had read that the Mac OS version would be able to run silent mod as well. I run on Mojave (10.14.6).
Anyways, even if I keep playing 6 vs 6, I really appreciate your work. Thumbs up
#2 Updated by Spyhawk about 1 month ago
- Category set to General
- Status changed from New to Invalid
- Target version set to N/A
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- OSX ETLegacy 64bit build are problematic. We have a hard-to-solve issue with 64bit build on that platform, and for this reason we only ship the 32 bit version. Other mods only exist as a 32 bit version too.
- OSX 10.13: Legacy and many other mods work.
- OSX 10.14: Legacy mod works, other mods likely do not.
- OSX 10.15: Apple is dropping 32bit support, and as such others mods will never work, and that is completely out of our control. Legacy mod most likely won’t work either.
- use bootcamp and run the windows version, or
- do not update to OSX 10.15, stick to Legacy mod, and blame Apple.
(duplicate of #936, closing this ticket now)