Fix multiview feature
|Status:||In Progress||% Done:|
The multiview feature is currently broken, and apparently not really necessary. It’s theorically a nice feature, but in practice it is not currently used for various reason, such as a severe bandwidth increase. Drop the code altogether. If some use for it is found in the future, it will still be easy to readd it, thanks to git history.
Multiview feature has been enabled in default builds - let’s fix issues ...
Ensure we have no overhead when multiview is disabled. g_multiview cvar is latched to ensure we have no mixed situation when a match is started.
Client and server code need inspection.
game: optimized POWERUPS code in ClientEndFrame
- some docu
- PW_MVCLIENTLIST fixed for MV (this isn’t level time dependant and will
no longer call MV client list updates each transition snapshot)
#8 Updated by Spyhawk almost 4 years ago
This feature is still very buggy. It’s unusable in the current state (unless I missed something?).
Default key "m" doesn’t seem to be set in the default config Missing widescreen support fix ui overlay position/size/color, check help window color too
- Max Lives icon is visible
- crouch/prone/dead/jump(?) don’t update the pov height
- multiview clients don’t know when they are in Limbo (health indicator always as "waiting for medic")
- fix MAX_MVCLIENTS vs MULTIVIEW_MAXVIEWS (with MAX_CLIENTS = 64)
- check fixme in G_SendScore_Add()
rework cursor hints (see switch w/o break)