sv_protect 1 stops clients from connecting to the server after several days of uptime
Any client trying to connect to the server will be dropped:
SVC_Info: rate limit from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YYYY exceeded, dropping request
sv_protect to 0 lets clients connect again.
This happens on our test server which is running 2.71rc3.
server: possibly fixed sv_protect 1 and added chanllenge size check (Ensiform), refs #541
server: Never set lastTime=0 for leaky buckets as it may cause leaking
of leaky buckets refs #541
That bug doesn’t surprise me. See comment of linux Sys_Milliseconds() and usage of this function in SVC_RateLimit.
note: see if sv_protect 2 (OpenWolf style server protection) is also affected
sv_protect 2 works so far, but so does sv_protect 1 for several days (weeks) before it breaks. Just to be safe I’ll set sv_protect to default to 0 before tagging 2.70rc4
- Duplicated by Bug #728: Issue with sv_protect [1/2] on Windows 7 added
- Related to Bug #746: Server randomly freezes added
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Target version changed from 2.78 to 2.72
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This should now be fixed, please test.
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
- Target version changed from 2.72 to 2.78
- Target version changed from 2.78 to 2.76
- Target version changed from 2.76 to 2.78
Also available in: Atom