renderer2: fix 'fogvars' fog / fog issues
As the title says - fog doesn’t work.
Affected maps (f.e.):
Actually q3 and ET use different foq code! Vanilla ET/r1 don’t use the fogTable. This has been removed with http://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/repository/revisions/4e5eba5b3977847342143350f0603514a495d3b9
I did try to add the q3 style for r1 but I wasn’t able to adjust the density of foq to 'known ET’ style fog. See attached images. Unfortunately I didn’t do a screeny of a wide sight - the range of view is very short (max 1024 game units).
#6 Updated by IR4T4 over 1 year ago
I’ve had a look at this again and figured out why q3/ET fog wasn’t visible in general. This has been fixed.
- Make fog more foggy. Compared to r1 it’s currently more a cut at the horizon.
- Rework SetFarClip() - see buildings (f.e. baserace) on different distances. It doesn’t look natural.
#7 Updated by IR4T4 over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Fixed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
#10 Updated by IR4T4 about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from renderer2: fix fog to renderer2: fix 'fogvars' fog
- % Done changed from 80 to 70
Maps with fogvars set don’t display this fog. Example: https://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=4901