Rework of servercache.dat / fix favourites in browserlist
As far as I know this feature doesn’t work properly.
client: servercache.dat renamed to favcache.dat & freed of global server
data refs #71
ui: ui_serverX cvars removed (16 in total), new console command /listfav
(WIP) refs #71
#8 Updated by IR4T4 over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Fix favourites in browserlist to Rework of servercache.dat / fix favourites in browserlist
servercache.dat contains global servers and favourites data info.
It doesn’t make sense to store and read global server data - we start with an empty list in the server browser and I don’t think we should change that.
rename the file to favcache.dat (in case ET profiles are copied) don’t read/write global data write favcache.dat when a favourite server has been added/removed - not on shutdown make sure favourites management via the menus does the job (doesn’t work with widescreen atm) load favourites ONCE on start (and not on map change/restart) won’t do, it’s also mod related add a 'delete all favourites’ button ? sort by favs ? see filter
#11 Updated by IR4T4 about 6 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Fixed
- Target version changed from 2.78 to 2.71rc2
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
A button to delete all favourites has been added.
Keep in mind:
- The first filter 'Source:' (set to favourites) in the player online menu is quite handy
- Favourites are mod related - each started mod has got it’s own favourites file/list (also kept for compatibility reasons)