Task #218: Replace assets with our own
include custom textures with new shaders / create new ETL pk3
After the release the discussion came up with some people:
When is it time to include the custom textures in the release?
• roughly 2 GB in size
• NO normal_ and specular_maps yet
• all textures in pak0/textures folder have been recreated, although some are still quite bad (need feedback)
Personally I would wait until we have a map done and can promote the normal_mapping as well.
That would actually "only" require me to create the normal_ and specular_maps and promote them on a stock map, because at this point there is no estimated time on when Bergen will be ready.
#5 Updated by thunder about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from include custom textures to include custom textures with new shaders
- Assignee set to thunder
- Priority changed from Normal to High
Ok I will start on this work now.. Got the texture pack from Rafal ..
will put these shaders in NEW FOLDER called :"scripts2"
So we keep the old ones for now in ordinary folder.
normal renderer will not read scripts 2 anyhow.
#7 Updated by IR4T4 almost 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 50
A material folder has been introduced to store R2 matrial/'shader’ definitions.
Renderer2 reads and creates material from this material folder at first. If there is no requested material found in R2 folder the common definitions of scripts folder are used. This happens on custom maps and mods.