Legacy mod 2.75 freezes on some linux systems (debian, ubuntu, arch linux)
The mod randomly freezes.
- OS set to Linux
- Arch set to 64-bit
Freezes randomly on Ubuntu 16.04. Hardware : Lenovo X1 Carbon 2015 ; i5, 8 GB RAM, 2GB VRAM.
- Related to Task #974: Release 2.76 "The enemy is weakened!" added
- Category changed from Mod generic to Mod CGAME
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I can’t reproduce it locally with master. Crash occures in cgame of 2.75.
- Priority changed from High to Urgent
- Priority changed from Urgent to Immediate
- Related to Bug #1071: Linux clients freeze irregularly added
- Subject changed from Legacy mod 2.75 freezes on some linux systems (debian, ubunu) to Legacy mod 2.75 freezes on some linux systems (debian, ubuntu, arch linux)
Is there any update or workaround? Its pretty unusable since I cant even play one match without reconnecting several times
We can’t reproduce this with master.
I’m using the arch package etlegacy32-git 2.75.2015.g12a464bc-1. The problem described in #1071 still persits for me. Kind of reproducable (I dont know under which circumstances, but I bareley can play one map coherently)
Can you reproduce the crash locally? This bug isn’t engine related - it’s caused by the 2.75 cgame binary.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
- Target version changed from 2.76 to 2.78
- Target version changed from 2.78 to 2.77
- Status changed from Feedback to Fixed
- % Done changed from 10 to 100
No freeze on 2.76. Closed.
Client: ET Legacy v2.76-35-gd64203e8 linux-i386 Jan 17 2019 DEBUG
Masked as: ET 2.60b linux-i386 May 8 2006
Built: 2019-01-17T21:30:35 UTC
My etl is still broken.
I already deleted ~/.et* after the update, but I could not even play 30 seconds...
- Status changed from Fixed to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 100 to 50
I have had no crash so far. Might be related to cvar settings?
Aren’t those settings part of the ~/.etlegacy directory?
It’s weird - nobody seem to have the same problem (within the game)
Try getting a backtrace to get more info. You just need to compile as debug, but that seem to be the case already.
Client: ET Legacy v2.76-40-gbb3d9ec3 linux-x86_64 Jan 18 2019 DEBUG
Masked as: ET 2.60b linux-x86_64 May 8 2006
Built: 2019-01-18T23:07:57 UTC
seems to work better O.o
- Status changed from Confirmed to Fixed
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
Also available in: Atom